In the last two weeks I have introduced a bucket list at work. The lovely ladies and I have stared a weekly bucket list of things we want to accomplish in the next week. The list is everything from go to the gym 5 times this week to emailing our moms. It got me thinking about my events’ bucket list so here is my top 5 locations I want to run events in the next five years:
- The Rainbow Room – NYC – I have been to NYC 15 times and it is one of my favourite places. Every time I go I can visualise all the amazing conferences or events I could do there. The Rainbow Room opened in 1934 and was THE celebrity place. It has been mentioned in everything from a JD Salinger novel to numerous shout outs in Friends and to me, it is the epitome of NYC and to do an event there would be fab!
- Grand Hotel, Wein – Vienna – Vienna is just stunning and to hold a conference or a meeting followed by a Viennese themed ball would be amazing. This hotel is breathtaking. You need to have a look!
- Burj-al-Arab – Dubai – I lived in Dubai for two years so am well versed with all the amazing venues. Despite living there, I have run only one event, in the Mall of the Emirates,and would love to do something at some of the more opulent locations. The Burj-al-Arab has some amazing spaces for meetings & events. Who wouldn’t want to hold a cocktail reception where Tiger Woods teed off.
- MGM Grand – Las Vegas – Ahhh Vegas. I have only ever been to Vegas for holidays and running an event in the 6000 person capacity Marquee Ballroom would be just fantastic
- Galle Face Hotel – Sri Lanka – My husband and I stayed here a few years ago and it is so regal and the hotel is just so grand. I would love to run a smaller event here with a gala dinner in the grounds. Everything about this hotel is perfect. Great distance from the airport, amazing service and just beautiful.
What are your top 5?