So the prompt I used is below, personally I think it needs tweaking but the content initially generated is pretty good. I would use this tool alongside my 16 years of experience and knowledge to help me in my role. I don’t think it can ever replace us as content writers but it’s great to get that content and first draft going. What do you think?
The prompt I used was: “write a blog post on producing events with a focus on sustainability in the UK with a target audience of those talking about events or using the #eventprofs in social media”.
The content generated is below – I haven’t touched the output:
As event professionals, it’s important to recognize the impact that events can have on the environment. From the waste generated to the energy consumed, events can be significant contributors to environmental issues. However, by implementing sustainable practices, we can reduce this impact and create events that are not only enjoyable but also environmentally friendly. Here are some tips for producing sustainable events in the UK.
- Choose a sustainable venue: When selecting a venue for your event, consider the venue’s sustainability policies. Look for venues that have implemented measures to reduce their environmental impact, such as energy-efficient lighting and heating, sustainable catering options, and recycling facilities.
- Use eco-friendly materials: From event signage to promotional materials, try to use eco-friendly materials whenever possible. Choose recycled or sustainably sourced paper for invitations and brochures, and use digital signage instead of printed banners. Avoid single-use plastics, and opt for reusable or compostable options instead.
- Minimize waste: Waste is a major issue at events, so try to minimize it as much as possible. Provide recycling and composting bins throughout the venue, and encourage attendees to use them. Choose caterers that use reusable or compostable plates and cutlery, and avoid individually packaged items.
- Reduce energy consumption: Events require a lot of energy, so take steps to reduce your energy consumption. Choose energy-efficient lighting and heating options, and turn off unnecessary lights and equipment when not in use. Use natural light whenever possible, and consider hosting outdoor events during the day to minimize energy use.
- Encourage sustainable transportation: Transportation is another major contributor to environmental issues, so encourage attendees to use sustainable transportation options. Provide information about public transportation, and consider offering incentives for attendees who carpool or use public transportation.
By implementing these sustainable practices, you can create events that not only meet your goals but also contribute to a healthier planet. As event professionals, we have a responsibility to minimize the environmental impact of our events, and by working together, we can make a difference. So let’s make sustainability a priority in our events, and inspire others to do the same.
To all #eventprofs out there, let’s start a movement towards producing sustainable events that leave a positive impact on the environment. Join us in making every event a sustainable event!
Pretty epic right? let me know what you think and how you have been using this to enhance your role.